Snapshots and stories from Jessica Kelly's work and adventures with the Western Heads East Project from May - August 2008 in Mwanza, Tanzania.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Home in the Other London

My apologies in advance for the brevity of this entry. All I can say is readjusting to the pace of Canadian life is a little challenging after living in Africa for three months!

I had a wonderful 10-day through Ireland, Scotland, and England. I would say the highlight was visiting Fort William (in the Scottish Highlands), where we stayed at a farmhouse at the base of Ben Nevis (the highest mountain in the U.K.).

This week I am back into the full swing of life at Ivey -- talking debits & credits, venture capital, market segmentation, etc. Needless to say, it hasn't left me very much time to really reflect on my trip and how I have changed. However, almost everyday something triggers a memory of Mwanza, so I'm sure my family and friends will be hearing miscellaneous stories and reflections from Africa for months to come!

A park in Dublin


My artsy shot of Big Ben

The farmhouse at the base of Ben Nevis (note the sheep)

A quote at the Guinness factory in Dublin



1 comment:

Sabrina said...

brevity.... who do you think you are?